Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday - New Assignment - 50mm Photo

This week's assignment is going to be to show a picture using my new 50mm lens. Over the weekend I got the AF 50mm f1.8 Nikkor lens. It is a huge adjustment from my 18-135mm lens that came with my camera. Last night I was playing with my camera and I noticed that (1) I will have to get used to moving myself instead of just moving the lens to zoom in and out, and (2) I have to stick to slower action because this lens is slower @ 1/200 of a second. It is a great portrait lens, and with the aperture going to 1.8 you can really focus on a subject and blow out the background. Some people calls it the 'poor man portrait lens' because it is very affordable, but don't let that fool you, it is a great lens.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment