Thursday, April 23, 2009

I need some tips/inspiration...

Back in January I declared that I was going to take a picture every day this year. At the time I was enjoying a forced sabbatical from work...and I made this goal a priority. I did great, and even when I went back to work in March I did okay for a couple of days. And then, I started getting lazy. I have taken pictures of my computer monitor, my office, my purse, and anything within my reach just to make sure I get a picture every day....but I am starting to wonder why. I am not getting anything artistic, I am just getting the mundane. When I set the goal, I was going to parks and finding old dilapidated buildings - things that I really found interesting. Now I have trouble finding the energy or the time to find anything thrilling. Wow, when I did become a Debbie-Downer? So how do you find inspiration to be an artist? What is my muse?

2 comments:

  1. you've taken the fun and spontinaity (i murdered that word) out of it by forcing yourself to do it. Trash that silly non productive goal. Always be ready to shot but if nothing inspires you don't feel forced to pick up the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John, great tip. I messed up and missed my goal anyway. The goal helped me when I had free time, but now it is just torture :)

    ReplyDelete