Monday, May 11, 2009

No more silly goal...

So, I have to admit it...I missed a day taking pictures. My goal was to take a picture every day this year and last week I missed a day. I woke up in a cold sweat (not really, but that sounds more dramatic), thinking I had missed something. I think it was about the time that I was blow drying my hair that it hit me...I DID NOT TAKE A PICTURE YESTERDAY, NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! And I have only picked up my beloved camera 1 time since. Now I am out of town and I have nothing more than a cellphone camera with me. At first I felt like such a failure, my goal was missed and I felt like I had let myself down, but in truth I think it might actually be good for me. Taking pictures had become a chore and not a creative process. I started catching myself today looking at some skateboarders rolling down a hill towards a mass of red and yellow tulips. The sun was behind the trees and the light was pretty good. I though, wow - What a shot that would be...and that was the first time that feeling has hit me in weeks. They say absence makes the heart grow founder....could it be the same for creativity?

No comments:

Post a Comment